Miller Park on the 4th of July holiday
The Bloomington Police Department would like to remind the public of some temporary rule changes that will be in place for Miller Park on the 4th of July holiday.
For the safety of everyone in the park, the following rules will be enforced:
- There are no pets allowed in the park for the day.
- There will be no fireworks, legal or illegal permitted in the park.
- As always, no alcohol is permitted in any City Park.
- There will be no bicycle riding allowed in the park. There will be BPD officers on bicycle patrol to assist with responding to calls for service throughout the park.
- Noise ordinances for loud vehicles and loud stereos will be enforced.
Anyone violating these rules will be asked to leave the park and/or be cited with an ordinance violation. Violators may be arrested if the offense merits such action.
All visitors to the park are subject to being video recorded by the Bloomington Police Department.
Morris Avenue, between Wood Street and Butchers Lane, will be closed to vehicle traffic at approximately 1:00 p.m. For everyone's safety, please obey all traffic control measures in place during the firework celebration.
The Bloomington Police Department wishes everyone a safe and enjoyable 4th of July celebration!