Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Excavation / Utility in Public Right-of-Way Permit
Required when digging in any public ROW ( Right-of-Way ) or when attaching to City Utilities such as water mains and sewers. Basic Fee $35.00. Other charges may apply.

Curb Cut Permit
Required when constructing or widening a driveway entrance from a public street. Fee $35.00

Erosion Control Permit
Required when exposing more than 5000 square feet earth, or more than 1000 square feet of earth if within 25 feet of a lake, pond, stream or wetland, or when moving more than 100 cubic yards of earth. Basic fee is $35 for less than 1 acre. Fess for areas greater than 1 acre are figured at $35 for the first acre then $20 per acre up to 50 acres, then $5 per acre over 50 acres.

Dumpster in Public Street Permit
Required when placing a dumpster in a public street, alley or adjacent to a street. Fee $25.00 for up to 2 weeks, $50.00 for up to 1 month.

 Traffic Control Permit

Required when blocking any part of a public street, alley or when working adjacent to a street. Fee varies according to conditions and time required.

Oversize/Overweight Movements Permit
allow the operation of vehicles or loads that exceed the legal maximum weight or size. These permits are valid only for those streets under City of Bloomington jurisdiction.

Building Permits
For building permits that cover items such as new buildings, additions, and major renovations please click here to visit Building Safety.   

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer