The City of Bloomington provide several convenient ways for you to pay your water bill.
- Pay your bill automatically online
- Direct Payment (ACH): deducts your monthly water bill payment from a specified checking account automatically.
- Mail in: mail your payment with the envelope & statement stub sent to you with your bill.
- Drop off: you can drop off your payments at the City Hall cashiers area.
- Drop off: in the 24 hour drop-box located on the east side of City Hall.
- Drop off: drop box in the parking lot at the Water Division Office located at 603 W. Division
Online Bill Payment
Online customers can expect the following:
- The initial login will require users to enter their full account number as appears on their billing statement.
- Customer’s email address and password will be the method for gaining access to your account information.
- Paperless statements
- Ability to manage multiple accounts
- View account history including water usage.
If questions arise, please contact us by calling 309-434-2426.
ACH Water Payments
The City of Bloomington currently offers the residents of Bloomington an option to have their monthly water bill deducted from each resident’s checking account. The City currently does not offer the residents to have their water bill deducted from a savings account. Once a resident signs up for this option, the resident will still receive a monthly water bill from the City of Bloomington.
The only difference will be with the water payment stub (located on the bottom of the bill) which will inform the customer of the due date the water bill payment will be deducted from their checking account. If a resident is interested in signing up for this option, the resident should complete the appropriate form, attach a voided check, and mail the form to:
City of Bloomington
Attention: Water Collections
109 E. Olive St.
Bloomington, IL 61701
Once a resident completes the appropriate form, the resident should continue to pay his/her water bill until the water payment stub located on the monthly water bill states the water bill payment will be deducted from the residents checking account. The monthly deduction will continue until the City is notified from the resident to discontinue the monthly deduction (30 day written notification) or the City notifies the resident in writing the option is being discontinued (30 day written notification).
If a resident is moving to a new residence, he/she should notify the City to discontinue the monthly water bill deduction for the current residence and complete a form for the new residence. The final bill for the old residence should be paid by cash, check, or credit card. The City will not deduct final bills from residence checking accounts.