Golf Courses Open
- Date: 05/01/2020 (all day)
City of Bloomington Golf Course Operational Policies for May 2020 – In Response to State Mandated Restrictions
All three golf courses will be open for play, effective May 1st, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic and state mandated restrictions for golf course operations through May 31st, business will not be as usual in order to ensure the safety of all golfers.
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) has set the following limits and we will follow them strictly to ensure golfer safety. Golfers not adhering to the rules set forth may lose their golfing privileges until the state restrictions are lifted. For a comprehensive list from the Illinois DCEO, visit: https://www2.illinois.gov/dceo/Documents/Golf%20With%20Restrictions.pdf
Course Restrictions as Mandated by Illinois DCEO
1. No more than two golfers may play together in the same tee time/group throughout the entire round.
2. Tee times will be spaced every 15 minutes.
3. Golf carts (private carts included) will not be available for regular use. Those with physical limitations (defined as those with a valid Handicap Placard) will be able to rent carts. Those requesting a cart must do so and pre-pay before arrival. Only one individual is allowed per cart throughout the entire round.
4. All practice areas will be closed. This includes putting greens, chipping greens and driving ranges.
5. Course push carts will not be available for rent. The use of personal push carts is permitted.
6. Flags cannot be removed from the cup. Cups will be raised or filled with foam to keep the ball from falling to the bottom of the cup. All ball washers, trap rakes, water jugs and benches will be removed from the course.
7. Clubhouses will be closed – including bathrooms. On-course restrooms will be available.
8. Rental clubs, trial/demo clubs will not be available.
Player Guidelines and Restrictions as Mandated by Illinois DCEO
1. Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not play. In addition, any players from a household with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 should not play.
2. Insist on social distancing on tees, greens, and throughout the round, as well as in the parking lot before and after your round. Handshakes and high fiving should not occur.
3. Bring your own water, sports drinks and snacks. Bringing alcohol onto the course is not permitted, as is normal operating procedure.
Bloomington Course Policies in response to State Mandated Restrictions
1. All golf reservations must be made in advance by phone. Through May 31st, online tee times are not available.
2. All tee times must be pre-paid when booking the tee time. Payment will be required for both golfers of the tee time.
3. Those eligible for a golf cart should request to rent one at the time of booking and will be required to pre-pay.
4. Regular fees and discounts (senior, junior, twilight only) will apply to all golf rates.
5. Groups looking to book more than two consecutive tee times may only do so within 48 hours of the tee time(s) desired. There will be a limit of no more than four consecutive tee times in any case to ensure all golfers have opportunities to play at their preferred time.
6. Please do not arrive to the course any earlier than is necessary. When you arrive to the course, please call the pro shop to let them know of your arrival. This is necessary to help us keep groups spread out at the approved 15 minute intervals. Do not head to the first tee without calling to check in first.
7. Nine holes rounds are available, but must be played at pre-determined times by the golf course (call course for details). Golfers are welcome to play nine holes anytime but must pay the 18 hole fee.
8. Complimentary rounds won or purchased through a charity event, etc.. will be honored only if prior approval has been given by a course manager.
1. All those purchasing season passes, discount cards, etc.. will now be purchasing those for a period of 365 days from the date of purchase.
2. Those who purchased passes before the state mandated closure of courses will have their purchase date updated to May 1, 2020.
3. Those inquiring or looking to purchase a season pass should call any of three pro shops for more information or to complete the transaction.