As we continue to monitor COVID-19, please visit these trusted agencies for the latest information:
Additionally, here is a resource site from the Chamber of Commerce, CVB, and EDC: www.bnprepared.org
The Essential Business Checklist from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity is available here, and an essential business flowchart is available here.
Playgrounds are open!
As we prepare to enter Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan tomorrow, here are some Bloomington-specific updates and answers to questions we have received frequently:
- City Hall, City offices at the Government Center, etc. will remain open by appointment only as they have been for the past few weeks.
- The walk up windows at Grossinger Motors Arena are still open for business. These windows can be used for making cash water bill payments and performing other transactions.
- People may begin renting/reserving most City facilities for gatherings of up to 50 people.
- The Zoo will reopen with reduced capacity. Please visit www.millerparkzoo.org for more information.
- Limited restrooms in parks will be opened. Drinking fountains will not be available in parks.
- Playgrounds/spraygrounds will remain closed at this time.
- Outdoor dining has been extended in the City through the end of August (so continue to drive carefully!), and indoor dining options will start to become available tomorrow.
- Indoor tavern hours will return to normal. Off-premise (outside of the building) hours must continue to end by 10:30 p.m Sunday-Thursday and midnight Friday-Saturday.
If you have a question during business hours, please contact us at 309-434-2509 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of our facilities may be closed, but we are open for business and here to help!
The John M. Scott Health Care Trust is distributing an additional $55,000 to cover COVID-19 costs for nonprofits and McLean County residents. Learn more here.
- Mini Golf Course
Opening on June 5th for the season and be open Friday - Sunday from noon - 7:00 PM. The 2020 safety measures are listed on the parks website here
- Paddle Boats
Opening on June 6th. The boats will be open Saturday & Sunday only from noon - 5:00 PM.
Parks link here.
- Summer Registration
Going on now with safety guidelines in place at Lincoln Leisure Center. Registration at www.BloomingtonParks.org.
- Golf Courses
Have entered into the Phase 3 of play, allowing limited cart use and foursomes. Play details and safety guidelines posted here.
- Miller Park Zoo
Facility readying to open on June 26th, if state moves into Phase 4 of the reopening timeline.
- A message from the City Manager about outdoor dining and bar service can be found here.
- This week's update on regular bulk & brush collection status can be found here. This is separate from the free community collection starting on July 6.
The guidelines, application, and agreement that will allow for outdoor dining and bar service operation are now available on the City’s website and beginning May 28 at the walk-up window at Grossinger Motors Arena at the corner of Front and Madison.
Please see the 5/21/20 bulk and brush update here.
Registration for Bloomington residents for available Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts programs starts today. Non-resident registration starts 5/27/20. The department is adjusting programs to comply with COVID-19 guidelines. Programs are subject to change. You can find more info here.
Please see the 5/15/20 bulk and brush update here.