February 26, 2019
OFFICIAL NOTICE FROM THE CITY OF BLOOMINGTON
TO ALL BUSINESSES IN THE CITY
The Business Registration program has been temporarily suspended.*
If you received a letter from the City dated January 1, 2019 regarding Business Registration, please note the following:
- If you have already registered your business and paid the $50.00 registration fee, you will be issued a refund no later than March 6, 2019. On-line registration payments will be refunded to the credit card that was provided. Payment made in-person by credit card or check will be refunded by City-issued check to be mailed to the business location on file.
- If you have received an invoice to pay the $50.00 registration fee, you may discard it. The City will not seek payment for Business Registration invoices issued on, or prior to, February 14, 2019.
- If you have already submitted a registration application, but have not yet been invoiced, you will not be invoiced.
- If you have yet to submit an on-line application, or have an on-line application in process, you do not need to take any further action.
- If you received a registration certificate via e-mail, you may destroy it.
- All data submitted to the City by businesses under this program will be retained in compliance with the City’s record retention policies. All on-line MUNIS log-ins and accounts created by businesses as a part of a business registration application will be deleted.
- The City will not fine any business which had not yet registered under this program prior to 10:00AM on February 14, 2019 when the on-line registration application was removed from the City’s website.
- No additional correspondence will be mailed to businesses as a part of this program.
- Please direct any questions to email@example.com
- Additional updates will be posted to this webpage (www.cityblm.org/BREG)
*Ordinance 2018-88 adopted on October 8, 2018, amended Chapter 11 of the City Code to establish Business Registration Requirements. Ordinance 2019-7 adopted on February 26, 2019 temporarily suspended the Business Registration program.