In addition to a high quality of life, cultural experiences, and exceptional educational opportunities, the City of Bloomington seeks to foster a welcoming environment for all types of businesses including agricultural, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, distribution, and retail .
The City of Bloomington’s Economic Development Department promotes economic stability and growth through sound planning and development programs including several incentive programs administered by the City, the Bloomington-Normal Economic Development Council, and the State of Illinois.
The mission of the City’s Economic Development Department is to enhance the economic viability of the city through the use of economic development practices and collaboration with other economic driven organizations. The Economic Development Department is your resource for information and assistance to help you grow your business in Bloomington. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!
Services to the community include:
- Promoting long-term economic growth by supporting redevelopment and development projects in the City.
- Expanding Bloomington’s commercial tax base for the benefit of all taxing districts.
- Maintaining a low unemployment rate through business retention and expansion efforts.
- Sustaining a high quality of life in Bloomington through retail retention and attraction efforts.
- Providing technical and targeted financial assistance to new and expanding businesses.
- Leveraging strong partnerships with allied organizations that help extend and enhance the department's services, as well as to strengthen the entire region.
Use the navigation menu to the left to explore various programs and resources the Economic Development Department offers.
The City of Bloomington Economic Development department was formed in March 2019. Below you will find a performance dashboard from the department. The data presented is an accumulation from March 2019 to the date of it's posting (February 14, 2020).