Fire alarm permit form and plans needed
On May 1, 1996 the City of Bloomington altered the way of conducting plan reviews, requiring permits, and field inspections for fire alarm installations. For all new fire alarm construction the Building Safety Division of Planning and Code Enforcement is now responsible conducting these requirements.
New to this process is the requirement of a permit to be issued for all new installations before work begins. The fee for a permit for work required in this Section shall be based on the reasonable cost of the work, including material and labor, and shall be calculated in accordance with the schedule used to determine building permit fees set forth in Section 112.3.1.
Construction documents for fire alarm systems shall be submitted for review and approval prior to system installation. Construction documents shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following:
- A floor plan which indicates the use of all rooms.
- Locations of alarm-initiating and notification appliances.
- Alarm control and trouble signaling equipment.
- Power connection.
- Battery calculations.
- Conductor type and sizes.
- Voltage drop calculations.
- Manufacturers, model numbers and listing information for equipment, devices and materials.
- Details of ceiling height and construction.
- The interface of fire safety control functions