Free On-Street Daytime Parking:
- Downtown Bloomington offers over 500 free on-street parking spaces!
- On-street parking spaces are available for up to 90 minutes, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM (unless otherwise posted). Refer to on-street signage for parking restrictions after 6:00 PM.
- Vehicles are only allowed to park in the same block once per day on weekdays.
Public Parking Decks:
- Market Street Deck (southeast corner of Market Street & Madison Street): 68 parking spaces on the ground level are available for free, once per day, for up to 4 hours, Monday through Friday. All 550 spaces in this deck are available for free unlimited parking on weekends starting Friday at 6:00 PM.
- Lincoln Deck (southwest corner of Front Street & East Street): 800 parking spaces are available by the hour between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday ($1.00 per hour / $10.00 per day max). All 800 spaces are available for free unlimited parking after 6:00 PM on weekday evenings and all day on Saturday and Sunday!
- Arena Deck (northeast corner of Olive Street & Lee Street): 250 parking spaces are available for free for up to 4 hours, Monday through Friday. All 250 spaces are available for free unlimited parking evenings and weekends. Special rates may apply for Arena events.
New Automated Gate Instructions: full video playlist
OPERATIONAL INSTRUCTIONS – MONTHLY (PERMIT) PARKING
Monthly parking customers will use their pass to both enter and exit the garages. The pass is a proximity card which must be held within a few inches of the sensors on the entry or exit stations adjacent to the driver’s side of the vehicle. If the “LOT FULL” sign is illuminated, monthly parking customers still have access to the garage and should have available parking spaces.
OPERATIONAL INSTRUCTIONS – DAILY PARKING
Daily parking customers will pull a ticket to enter a garage. This ticket must be retained in order to exit the garage. To exit the garage, customers have the following two options to pay for parking. (1) Take their ticket to the pay station. Insert the ticket into the pay station and pay the parking fee. Payment can be made by cash, credit or debit. The ticket will be returned to the customer and must be used at an exit station within 20 minutes. (2) Exit the garage though one of the exit lanes by inserting their ticket into an exit station and pay the parking fee. Payment can only be made by credit or debit. If the “LOT FULL” sign is illuminated, no ticket will be issued to allow daily parking customers into the garage.
OPERATIONAL INSTRUCTIONS – LOST TICKET OR PASS
Customers who have lost their ticket or pass must push the lost ticket button on the pay station or exit station in the exit lane. A $10 fee is charged.
OPERATIONAL INSTRUCTIONS – VALIDATIONS
Validations will be provided to parking customers through external entities such as the Mclean County Jury Commission, Mclean County Museum, City and County Departments and some downtown businesses. Parking customers will pull a ticket to enter the garage. This ticket must be retained in order to exit the garage. Customers will use the entry ticket and validation at a pay station or exit lane by inserting the ticket then scanning the validation. The entity which provided the validation to the parking customer will be billed for this parking on a monthly basis.
OPERATIONAL INSTRUCTIONS – HELP BUTTON
Assistance is available 24 -7 by pushing the help button on an entry, exit or pay stations.
- Douglas Lots A, B, C (directly south of the Bloomington Center for Performing Arts at the southeast corner of Douglas Street and East Street): 130 parking spaces are available for free, once per day, for up to 4 hours, Monday through Friday. Free unlimited parking is available evenings and weekends starting at 6:00 PM.
- Major Butler Parking Lot (directly north of the Arena at the northwest corner of Front Street and Madison Street): 71 parking spaces are available for free, once per day, for up to 4 hours, Monday through Friday. Free unlimited parking is available evenings and weekends starting at 6:00 PM. Special rates may apply for Arena events.
- Government Center Parking Lot (northeast corner of Front Street and East Street): 87 parking spaces are available for free, once per day, for up to 2 hours, Monday through Friday. Free unlimited parking is available evenings and weekends starting at 6:00 PM.