market looking east


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Among other things, the Engineering Division of Public Works oversees traffic signals and timing, traffic signs, pavement markings, traffic calming, traffic counts, and traffic crash reporting and analysis.

Emergency Traffic Requests or Complaints
Please contact us immediately for any emergency traffic requests or complaints, including:

  • Traffic signal failure
  • Fallen or removed stop signs
  • If it is unclear whether a request or complaint is an emergency, please call us.

Click here to view the contact information, hours, and additional information for Public Works.

Non-Emergency Traffic Requests or Complaints
All non-emergency Requests/Complaints, detailed below, must be submitted in writing via the Request/Complaint form to the City of Bloomington Public Works Department. To submit the Request/Complaint form, print it out and use one of the following submission methods:

Mail: City of Bloomington
Traffic Engineer
115 E. Washington St.
Bloomington, IL 61702-3157
Fax: 309-434-2201
In Person During
Office Hours:
115 E. Washington St
Room 301
Bloomington, IL 61702
Traffic Signals
Sign Removal
Requesting Accessible Parking
On-Street Parking and Traffic Regulation
Speed Limits
Sight/Sign Obstructions
Traffic Control Devices
Traffic Counts
Traffic Calming